There are few diets that promise a loss of fast and miraculous weight. One that has restricted carbohydrates, which only allows other proteins, even one that only allows fruit. What almost all of them have in common is that they are highly restrictive and fail to promote nutritional education.
- 1 What is the Diet Boiled Egg?
- 2 How does the diet of boiled egg to lose weight?
- 3 Lose weight egg
- 4 But the egg does not increase cholesterol?
- 5 Menu of boiled egg diet to lose weight
- 6 Tips
What is the Diet Boiled Egg?
This diet consists of consuming a poached or boiled egg before three main meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bias of the diet of boiled egg to lose weight is to increase satiety with egg and reduce calorie intake during the next meal.
All this, of course, in conjunction with a mildly hypocaloric diet - that is, it contains fewer calories than your metabolism needs to perform daily activities. This means that the diet of boiled egg is a meal plan with calorie restriction, which uses the most power of satiety protein to cause weight loss without you having to go hungry as in other highly restrictive diets.
How does the diet of boiled egg to lose weight?
Why include three eggs in the diet? The egg loses weight? There are actually several reasons why consuming boiled eggs before a meal can be a good idea for people trying to lose weight. Here's why:
1. The egg brings satiety
Eggs are rich in protein and fat - are about 6 g of each per unit - two nutrients that have slower digestion than carbohydrates and therefore bring more satiety. To be broken down into amino acids, the egg proteins require a large energy expenditure by the body, which is forced to draw energy from its reserves to aid digestion.
That is, consume a food rich in protein and no carbohydrates like egg speeds up the metabolism and causes a mobilization of fat stores - especially the abdominal, leading to an increase in lipolysis (fat burning) to aid in digestion. Therefore we can say that the egg cooked fat burning (in the absence of carbohydrates).
Consuming a whole egg before each meal will make you feel satisfied with less food at the next meal, facilitating the maintenance of reduced calorie diet.
And that statement has scientific evidence. In a study by the Rochester Center in the United States, researchers found that eating eggs for breakfast breakfast can reduce calorie consumption throughout the day - can be up to 400 calories less in a period of 24 hours.
In the study, 30 women with overweight or obese were given a breakfast containing or two eggs or a bagel (a type of bread ring-shaped) with a complement, and both options have the same amount of calories and protein.
After following the eating habits of study participants throughout the day, the researchers were able to note that those who had consumed eggs for breakfast felt less hungry before lunch, and as a result ended up consuming fewer calories during the meal. And that was not all: during the following 36 hours, the group ate eggs consumed on average 417 calories less than those who received the bagel in the first meal of the day.
Remember that, so you get a similar result, your diet should be low-calorie.
2. The egg is a source of vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 helps you lose weight indirectly. This is because it helps metabolize proteins and fats, producing energy that makes the body more active during the day. This means that vitamin B12 stimulates metabolism and can help reduce the body's fat reserves.
In addition, vitamin B12 present in the egg will leave you with more energy and willingness to exercise, which can also assist in weight loss.
3. The egg is tryptophan source
The egg is one of the best sources of tryptophan, an amino acid that stimulates serotonin production (a type of neurotransmitters) in the brain. Among other functions, serotonin can control appetite and reduce binge eating, and also decrease the anxiety and stress.
adequate levels of tryptophan in the body can reduce the desire to eat sweets and facilitate the weight loss process by reducing the hedonic hunger - that is, that hunger that appears even when the body is not with energy deficiency.
4. Eating eggs does not cause glucose peaks
This is a property of very interesting egg, especially in the morning. When we wake up, our glucose is downstairs (after all, we at least 8 hours fasting) and everything that our body needs is a source of carbohydrates to restore their normal sugar levels in the blood.
It turns out that if you consume a carbohydrate upon waking and without a source of protein together, their glucose levels go up there very quickly, which forces the body to release a lot of insulin to play this glucose to within cells. And guess what happens when all the glucose goes into the cells? That's right, your sugar levels go down there again, in what is known as the famous peak glucose.
When this happens, your brain sends a signal for you to feed again, which means feeling hungry soon after eating just one slice of bread with jam. And the bad news is that this occurs throughout the day as well, because when we were without food for many hours in the glucose levels fall dramatically.
How has slow digestion and contains no carbohydrates, the egg does not cause large fluctuations in blood glucose, which helps control appetite in the first meal of the day. Consuming an egg before the main meal can help stabilize blood glucose without suffer from rapid changes in appetite soon after.
5. Eggs favor the synthesis of adiponectin
Egg consumption can increase the production of adiponectin, a hormone that speeds up the metabolism, increase fat burning, improves insulin sensitivity and decreases appetite.
Lose weight egg
For those not yet convinced of the benefits of egg for weight loss, the video below can help clarify a bit more the subject:
But the egg does not increase cholesterol?
The egg is undoubtedly the most controversial food in our food; in a day is the best food in the world, the other one should not even look at him. Fortunately, however, much of the research carried out in recent years has not only cleared the egg as to recommend its consumption. So it seems a good idea to adopt the diet of boiled egg to lose weight.
For a good portion of the medical professionals, the consumption of up to 3 eggs during the week does not increase cholesterol and can even be beneficial to health. This is because, as we have seen, the egg is the source of a number of important nutrients for health, including being considered one of the most complete foods in the world.
In addition, scientists have shown that cholesterol intake in the diet does not necessarily increase cholesterol levels in the bloodstream. The rationale would be that the liver already produces every day, a lot of cholesterol. So when we consume eggs in the diet, the liver tends to produce less cholesterol, keeping stable the total cholesterol rates in circulation.
Research suggests that 70% of individuals, the egg has no effect on cholesterol, while for the remaining 30% egg consumption may slightly raise LDL rates (bad cholesterol).
Some people, however, have familial hypercholesterolemia, an inherited condition that is characterized by high levels of LDL in the blood, regardless of dietary cholesterol intake. For anyone who has the condition, the consumption of eggs (whites are usually allowed) should be avoided at the risk of further increase the total cholesterol rates.
Menu of boiled egg diet to lose weight
There is a specific menu to the diet of boiled egg to lose weight, since the goal is to combine the egg with a reduced calorie diet, and not with certain pre-selected foods.
So, what we have below is a suggestion of a menu with fewer calories and includes a boiled egg (or poached) before each main meal. And yes, you should eat the egg before the main meal.
1 boiled egg +
- Option 11 cup of coffee with skim milk + 2 + ½ roasted whole papaya;
- option 2: 2 + 1 toasted whole pot fat yogurt + ½ sleeve;
- Option 3: 1 banana + 2 tablespoons granola light + 1 cup of coffee with skim milk.
Choose only one of the alternatives:
- Option 11 pot of low-fat yogurt;
- option 21 apple;
- option 3: 4 strawberries.
1 boiled egg +
- Option 11 grilled chicken fillet + ½ cup of cooked green salad + cabbage;
- option 21 Average grilled beef + + ½ shell bean salad with lettuce, cucumber and cabbage;
- option 3: Salad with lettuce + 1 slice of white cheese, diced tomatoes + 4 + 2 cherries minced turkey breast slices;
- Option 4: Sandwich with two slices of bread + 2 lettuce leaves + 2 tablespoons tuna in water + 1 tomato slice + 1 tablespoon ricotta light cream.
- Option 11 pear + 1 glass of water;
- option 21 apple + 1 glass of water;
- option 3: 1 + 2 nuts guava.
Have a dinner:
1 boiled egg +
- Option 1: Rocket salad, tomato and lettuce + 1 slice of white cheese;
- option 21 fish fillet (thin) grilled + 1 + 4 baked potato small cherry tomatoes;
- option 31 chicken fillet + 2 tablespoons brown rice + green salad.
Check out some tips for success with the diet of boiled egg to lose weight:
- Prefer rubes and organic eggs;
- Try to eat the egg without salt, because sodium increases water retention and will leave you bloated;
- Do not fry or add fat to eggs. To increase satiety, the egg should be cooked and at most, accompanied by a natural spice, like oregano or parsley;
- An egg contains about 70 calories, which will give a total of 180 calories (for three eggs) to be included in your daily sum;
- Do not do the diet for more than a week, as the number of eggs is very large and can cause problems to the kidneys;
- Continue with their normal diet and simply add an egg will not make you lose weight; on the contrary, you can even put on weight if you choose to simply add three eggs to the diet without making changes in eating habits;
- Lots of water, either to facilitate removal of toxins and reduce swelling as to protect the kidney, which can become overloaded when processing the large amount of proteins in eggs;
- Do not do this diet if you have a history of kidney problems or high levels of LDL (bad cholesterol);
- Resist the temptation and do omelette, scrambled egg or fried egg. Limit yourself to cooked egg, to prolong digestion and increase satiety without overdoing the calories;
- The menu above is only a suggestion, since the recommendation is that you consult a nutritionist for him to orient with a diet that meets your specific needs.
And lastly, remember that there is no miracle diet, and only nutritional education and daily physical activity can make significant and permanent changes in your weight.
- Fernandez LM. Rethinking Opin Clin Nutr dietary cholesterol.Curr Metab Care.2012 Mar; 15 (2): 117-21;